Looking Back at 2017
As a new year begins, we wanted to look back at 2017 to see where we explored throughout the year and what locations we were able to cross off our list. About this time last year, we made a wishlist of places we wanted to visit in 2017. I am happy to report that we hit quite a few of those locations, as we made it a priority to get outdoors as much as possible last year.
To recap, here is the short version of our 2017 list:
- Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument
Visited in August, 2017 (blog post to come)
- Camping on an island in the Boston Harbor
- October Mountain State Forest
- Visited in June, 2017 (blog post to come)
- Visit 10 Massachusetts State Parks
While we only made it to about half of the places we had hoped to, we were able to tackle the Top 3 from our list! In total, we visited 10 state parks, 10 National Park Units, and went on 4 outdoor adventures. I will call that a success!