5 National Parks We Want to Revisit
- Yosemite National Park - This was the first park we ever went to together. We were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to spend a summer out in Northern CA and spent our weekends exploring when we could. One of the stops on our must-see list was Yosemite. We spent just a few hours in the park which allowed us to see some of the highlights from the scenic turnouts and enjoy a picnic in Yosemite Valley. Since we were new to visiting parks like this, we were not informed enough to know exactly how best to experience it. Now we understand the grandeur of Yosemite and would like to go back to experience more in depth.
Check out more highlights from our first visit.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park - We added in a stop to this park during a vacation to Tennessee. Our wake up alarm that day went off well before sunrise and it was more than worth it to experience that sunrise in Cades Cove. We were able to spend the entire day in the park with some hiking, wildlife spotting, history lessons and more but next time around we would like to be able to camp and spend a few days here with Logan really seeing all aspects of the park.
See how our first trip went.
- Denali National Park and Preserve - Back in 2011 we traveled to Alaska with my family (Trip of a lifetime, BTW). This is Stew's #1 park to revisit as he did not travel in to the park past the Visitor Center and wants the opportunity to do this and really get to experience the park. Also since then, he has actively taken up fishing and what better place to fish than Alaska? For me, the wildlife sightings in this park were so incredible that I would never say no to returning to witness it all again!
View our photos and more from our visit.
- Everglades National Park - To be honest, when making this list I had actually entirely forgotten about our visit to this park. It was 8-10 years ago and a park that we stopped in to for a day visit while in Florida for work. I am glad that Stew brought it up as a park he would like to visit again as clearly, since I can not remember it, I need to go back and get a refresher! On our last trip we explored the park from the Shark Valley visitor center and went on their guided tram tour. Who knew they have 4 visitor centers? (This is an exciting news for a girl who loves visitor centers). Also, as with Denali, Stew would love to get out into the park to fish.
- Acadia National Park - So we have already visited this park twice and yet it still makes it on the list of parks we want to visit again. Perhaps we are a little bias of this park as it is the only large park in New England, which is where we live, but both times we visited have been incredible experiences! While there are miles and miles of hiking trails we still need to explore and hidden gems to find, one of the largest draws for us to return is to experience the park from the water. We want visit the off shore islands like Isle au Haut and Baker Island by boat and witness the scenery from this different point of view.
Learn more about our time in Acadia.